Beautifully restored, three bedroomed village house for sale in the popular village of Fabrezan in the Corbieres region of the Languedoc. This region is famous for its wine and is on the Cathar route boasting many castles and Cathar sites. The famous village of Lagrasse with its beautiful abbey is a ten minute drive as are the local swimming spots in Ribaute and Lagrasse. Lezignian-Corbieres is the principal market town of the area is five minutes by car. It also has many large supermarkets, builders supplies and shops, sport centres, swimming pools, train and bus stations and a newly completed lycee.
The house in its current form dates from 1820’s yet the original house dates from medieval times and is full of rustic charm and original features including a feature fireplace, exposed beams and terracotta tiles. Fully rewired (including for digital Tv and telephone) and replumbed, the house is now in turn-key condition and would make an ideal first-time buy or holiday home. The house benefits from having electric radiators in all rooms and shutters on the front windows. Located in the oldest part of the village, the house is conveniently located to the Mairie, pharmacy, tabac, restaurants, bars and local primary school. There is also a sports hall/tennis courts and youth centre in the village.
The accommodation briefly comprises:
• Large hallway of 7.2 sq m (4.5m x 1.60m), terracotta tiles and exposed beams. Walk-in fully shelved storage cupboard of 2.28 sq m (1.20m x 1.90m) off providing ample storage. An air extraction /ventilation system is also located here as are fuseboard and stopcock for water supply. There is a small understairs cave/storage cellar perfect for keeping wine.
• Bathroom of 7.5 sq m (4.4m0 x 1.70m ) with Shower, wc, and whb, electric heater and plumbed for washing machine.
• Open-plan kitchen dining area of 16.2 sq m (4.20m x 3.10m + 2.20m x 1.45m), fitted sink with marble recess, partially tiled, exposed beam, telephone point.
• Living room of 11 sq m (3.35m x 3.25m) with varnished wooden floor, Tnt digital Tv point, electric radiator.
• Large main bedroom of 20 sq m (4.30m x 4.60m) with Velux skylights (2) and beautifully restored wooden floor, electric radiator.
• Second bedroomof 11sq m (3.35m x 3.3m) – off main bedroom, ideal for a child, electric radiator, Velux skylight.
• Third bedroom/office of 11 sq m (3.35m x 3.25m) located on the ground floor with window to rear, electric radiator, terracotta tiles, original stonework.
• There is a large, pedestrianised, communal courtyard to the rear of the house with washing lines. Table and chairs can be put out for al-fresco dining.
Price € 79,000
Not including notarial fees, registration and land registration fees.
Price / sq metre: €/m² 918.60
Private property listing
This property is in Fabrezan, in Aude (region Languedoc-Roussillon).
- 5 min from the motorway from Lezignan Corbieres
- 35 min from the sea from Port La Nouvelle
- 40 min from the sea from Narbonne Plage
- 60 min from the airport from Beziers
- 10 min from the town centre from Lézignan-Corbières (11200)
- 30 min from the town centre from Carcassonne (11000)
- 30 min from the town centre from Narbonne (11100)
- 75 min from the airport from Blagnac (31700)
- 35 min from the airport from Carcassonne (11000)
- 60 min from the airport from Perpignan (66000)
Advice on buying a property in France : click to see our France buying guide.